To help kick off this special season of The Big Question podcast in support of MHz, Rob and Alex from Year 13/14 discuss the topic of Bullying and the impact it can have on a person. Along the way, they discuss some of their personal experiences; just what the word ‘Banter’ means and some of the mistakes they made when trying to deal with bullying.
Links and Show Notes
MHz is coming! On July 1st/2nd, Felpham FM is going to be carrying out it’s most ambitious project - 6 Shows, 15 Hosts, 24 Hours, 1 Simple Message … It’s Time To Talk. MHz is a 24 hour streaming event in order to raise awareness of Mental Health, visit www.felphamfm.com/mhzevent for more details.
You can find the Felpham FM hosts on Twitter, follow them @felphamfm
Remember you are never alone, there are always people who want to help …. If you are being bullied please talk to your family, your teachers and your friends. Together we can combat bullying.
Websites mentioned in the episode:
- Bullying UK: Website / Confidential Helpline
- Bullybusters: Website / Helpline
- Kidscape: Website / Parent Advice Helpline
- School Report: Grace’s story of bullying in animation - BBC News
- Bullying and abuse - Mind
- Bullying, abuse, safety and the law - Childline
- Bullying: how to stop it - NHS Choices
Previous Episodes of The Big Question: